Looking for the perfect comfort meal? Look no further. Our Cheesy Chicken Tikka Masala Noodles combine saucy spice with stretchy, mild cheese for the ideal flavour. Pair with No Yolks® Dumpling Noodles and you have a dish that tastes like home.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
1 pkg (340 g) No Yolks® Dumpling Noodles
1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp (15 mL) ground turmeric
1 tbsp (15 mL) garam masala
2 tsp (10 mL) ground coriander
2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
1 cup (250 mL) yogurt
4 cups (1 L) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles according to the package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil a in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove from skillet; set aside.
3. In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat; cook onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, garam masala and coriander for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in tomato paste and butter; cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes or until the onion is softened. Add the reserved chicken, cream, and yogurt; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
4. Add 2 cups (500 mL) mozzarella, and the reserved noodles and cooking liquid to the skillet; toss until well combined.
5. Transfer to a greased 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish; top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro.
For a vegetarian option, replace chicken with tofu.