NO YOLKS® Cider Glazed Pork with Noodles
- Product: NO YOLKS® Extra Broad noodles
- Prep. 30 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
This weekend dinner features the classic pairing of pork and apples in a dish that is stylish enough to serve to company but still very easy to prepare.
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
1 lb (500 g) boneless pork tenderloin, cubed
1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
1 each onion and carrot, thinly sliced
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and sliced
2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) apple cider or fresh pressed apple juice
1 cup (250 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
4 cups (1 L) baby spinach
2 tsp (10 mL) cider vinegar
4 cups (1 L) NO YOLKS® Extra Broad Noodles
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet set over medium-high heat. Season the pork with
1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and brown all over; transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion, carrot, apple, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, until tender. Whisk the cider with the broth, mustard and cornstarch. Stir into the skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Return the pork to the skillet. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Stir in the spinach and vinegar; remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the noodles according to package directions. Arrange the noodles in a serving dish. Spoon the pork mixture over to serve.
- Replace the Extra Broad Noodles with NO YOLKS® Broad or Dumpling Noodles.
- Substitute baby arugula for the spinach.