NO YOLKS® Saucy Shrimp Noodles with Feta
- Product: NO YOLKS® Dumplings noodles
- Prep. 20 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
This simple yet elegant dish can be served with a tossed leafy green salad to complete the meal.
4 cups (1 L) NO YOLKS® Dumpling Noodles
1-570 mL jar (2 1/3 cups) Tomato and Herb Pasta Sauce
1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine (optional)
1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice (or to taste)
1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon zest (optional)
1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano leaves
1/2 lb (250 g) peeled and deveined frozen raw shrimp, thawed (about 24 large shrimp)
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled feta cheese
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, bring the sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, wine (if using), lemon juice, lemon zest (if using) and oregano to a simmer in a large skillet set over medium heat. Stir in the shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until no pink remains. Season to taste with pepper.
- Serve the shrimp mixture over the hot cooked noodles. Garnish each serving with feta cheese and parsley.
- Replace the Dumpling Noodles with NO YOLKS® Extra Broad or Broad Noodles.
- Add a couple handfuls of baby kale, spinach or arugula to the skillet for added nutrition.
- For extra zip, add hot pepper flakes or hot sauce to the sauce to taste.