NO YOLKS® Tuscan Braised Chicken with Noodles
- Product: NO YOLKS® Extra Broad noodles
- Prep. 75 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
Assemble the chicken, vegetables and sauce for this dish in the morning or night before so that you have dinner ready to pop in the oven when you get home from work.
2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Pinch each salt and pepper
8 oz (250 g) sliced cremini or white mushrooms
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) baby carrots
1 onion, sliced
1-570 mL jar (2 1/3 cups) Basil and Olive Pasta Sauce
1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine or sodium-reduced chicken broth
4 cups (1 L) NO YOLKS® Extra Broad Noodles
Chopped fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper; add to the skillet in batches and brown all over.
- Transfer the chicken to a 10 cup (2.5 L) casserole dish. Scatter the mushrooms, carrot and onion over top. Stir the sauce with the wine and drizzle over the casserole. (Casserole can be prepared up to this point and reserved, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for up to 1 day.)
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes; uncover and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and vegetables are cooked through. Meanwhile, prepare the noodles according to package directions. Arrange the noodles in a large serving bowl and spoon over the chicken, vegetables and sauce. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan (if using).
- Replace the Extra Broad Noodles with NO YOLKS® Broad or Dumpling Noodles.
- Transfer the chicken and sauce mixture to a crockpot and cook on low heat for 6 hours. Add the vegetables and continue to cook on low for 2 hours or until tender.