NO YOLKS® Creamy Chicken Divan Casserole
- Product: NO YOLKS® Extra Broad noodles
- Prep. 10 minutes + Bake: 40 minutes
- Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Maximize your time in the kitchen by preparing the whole bag of noodles. Use the extra noodles to prepare our NO YOLKS® Chicken Waldorf Noodle Salad while the casserole is baking and you'll have tomorrow's lunch ready too!
1 can (10 oz/284 mL) sodium-reduced cream of mushroom soup
1 cup (250 mL) plain 2% yogurt
1/2 cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
2 tsp (10 mL) mild curry powder (optional)
4 cups (1 L) cooked NO YOLKS® Extra Broad Noodles (about 1/2 package dry noodles)
1 pkg (500 g) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
3 cups (750 mL) cubed, cooked chicken breast (about 3 to 4)
3/4 cup (175 mL) panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar or Swiss cheese
2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Stir the soup with the yogurt, mayonnaise and curry powder (if using) in a large bowl until well combined. Stir in the noodles, broccoli and chicken until well coated.
- Transfer the noodle mixture to a greased 9 x 13-inch (3.5 L) casserole dish. Toss the breadcrumbs with the cheese and oil. Sprinkle evenly over the noodle mixture.
- Bake, covered, for 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover and broil the top to brown the crumbs (if desired).
- This recipe (and the Waldorf Salad) calls for cooked chicken. Cook up 5 to 6 extra breasts while making dinner another night, or quickly poach chicken breasts in chicken broth while the noodles are cooking. Or, for even faster prep, use pre-roasted chicken strips or cubed rotisserie chicken.
- Replace the Broad Noodles with NO YOLKS® Broad or Dumpling Noodles.
- Quick-thaw the broccoli by placing in a colander and running under hot tap water; drain well.
- Panko breadcrumbs are crunchy Japanese style crumbs found with other breadcrumbs or with Asian foods in your supermarket. You can substitute coarse fresh breadcrumbs.