NO YOLKS® Garlicky Noodles with Kale
- Product: NO YOLKS® Broad noodles
- Prep. 15 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
Relieve side dish boredom by whipping up this quick and flavourful recipe featuring nutritious kale tossed with garlicky noodles.
3 cups (750 mL) NO YOLKS® Broad Noodles (about 1/2 package)
2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
1 tbsp (15 mL) minced garlic
1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes (or to taste)
8 cups (2 L) baby kale leaves (about 1 tub/142 g)
1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken or vegetable broth (approx.)
1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper (approx.)
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep skillet set over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and hot pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the kale and broth; cover and cook for 3 minutes
- Uncover and stir in the hot cooked noodles. Season with salt and pepper. Add extra broth to moisten as needed and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve immediately.
- Replace the Broad Noodles with NO YOLKS® Extra Broad or Dumpling noodles.
- Sprinkle the finished dish with crumbled feta cheese for an extra flavour boost
- Replace the baby kale with baby arugula or spinach leaves.
- Stir in cubed salami, chopped artichoke hearts and sliced olives with the hot noodles for an “antipasta” entrée.