Not your typical fajita or stir-fry dinner. This Chicken Fajita Asian Stir-fry packs a world of flavour in every bite. Succulent with a hint of spice, bring excitement to your plate in exploring vibrant cultures through food.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
1 pkg (340 g) No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles
1 lb (500 g) chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick strips
1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp (30 mL) grated fresh ginger
1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice, divided
2 tsp (10 mL) cumin, divided
1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
1 onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth
1/3 cup (75 mL) hoisin sauce
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped cilantro
2 tsp (10 mL) toasted sesame seeds
Lime wedges, for serving
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine chicken, 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, garlic, ginger, lime zest, 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice, 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet set over medium heat; cook the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Add onion and peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, and the onions and peppers are softened.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, lime juice and cumin, chicken broth and hoisin; add to the skillet along with the reserved noodles. Toss until well combined; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
5. Divide evenly among serving plates. Top with cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve with lime wedges.
For a vegetarian option, replace chicken with chopped tofu and broccoli florets.